2 Naxalites killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur; weapons, explosive items seized

Narayanpur (Chhattisgarh), Sept 22: Two Naxalites were killed in an encounter with security personnel in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur district on Monday, police said.

A large quantity of explosive material and some weapons were seized from the encounter site, they said.

The gun battle broke out in the morning at a forest in Abhujmaad, adjoining Maharashtra, when a team of security forces was out on a search operation, a police official here said.

The operation was launched based on inputs about the presence of Naxalites in the area, he said.

“So far, the bodies of two male Naxalites have been recovered from the spot. The intermittent exchange of fire and search operation is still underway in the area,” he said.

An AK-47 rifle, along with other weapons, a large quantity of explosive material, Maoist literature, propaganda materials, and daily use items were also recovered from the encounter site, the official said.

With the latest action, 249 Naxalites have been killed in separate encounters in Chhattisgarh so far this year.

Of them, 220 were eliminated in the Bastar division, comprising seven districts, while 27 others were gunned down in Gariaband district, which falls in Raipur division. Two other Naxalites were killed in Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki district in Durg division.

On September 11, ten Naxalites, including central committee member of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), Modem Balakrishna, were killed in an encounter in the state’s Gariaband district, according to police. (PTI)

Hot this week

Pay hike of Assam ministers, MLAs likely as 3-member panel submits report

Full report likely by Oct 30 Guwahati Sept 25: There...

Meghalaya Biological Park Inaugurated After 25 Years: A New Chapter in Conservation and Education

Shillong, Nov 28: Though it took nearly 25 years...

ANSAM rejects Kuki’s separate administration demand, says bifurcation not acceptable

Guwahati, Sept 8: Rejecting the separate administration demand of...

Meghalaya man missing in Bangkok

Shillong, Jan 10: A 57-year-old Meghalaya resident, Mr. Treactchell...

Meghalaya’s historic fiber paves the way for eco-friendly products and sustainable livelihoods

By Roopak Goswami Shillong, Oct 25: From making earbuds to...

Training brings back focus on millets of Garo Hills

Shillong, Feb 20: Age-old recipes are quietly staging a...

AI Impact Summit 2026: Meghalaya draws attention with steps to empower health workers

Shillong, Feb 20: Meghalaya has placed frontline health workers...

RSS defamation case: Rahul Gandhi to appear before Bhiwandi court

Thane (Maharashtra), Feb 20: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will...

India’s macroeconomic fundamentals healthy, robust amid volatile financial markets: RBI guv

Mumbai, Feb 20: India’s macroeconomic fundamentals over the medium-term...

Shillong MP escorted to Nongsdier, funeral on Saturday

Shillong, Feb 20: The mortal remains of Shillong MP...

No eligible person will be denied food: Meghalaya Food Commission chief

Shillong, Feb 20: Meghalaya State Food Commission DP Wahlang...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories