Govinda discharged from hospital four days after revolver accident

Mumbai, Oct 4: Actor Govinda was discharged from a hospital here on Friday, four days after the actor was injured in the leg when his revolver accidentally went off.

The actor, who is a member of the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena, underwent a surgery on Tuesday and is recuperating at a private hospital.

Govinda, 60, was brought out of the hospital on a wheelchair by his family members and was seen wearing a cast on his left leg.

The actor, who was accompanied by his wife Sunita Ahuja and daughter Tina Ahuja, greeted the media persons as well as his fans with folded hands.

“I thank members of the press, the authorities and my fans who love me and whose wishes kept me safe, I thank them all,” he said.

Earlier, Sunita Ahuja told reporters that Govinda has been advised to rest for at least six weeks.

“He will be discharged today. I will bring him here but he will have difficulty to stand… He is fine and will start dancing again in a few days. Everyone has prayed for him and we have the blessings of Mata rani,” she said.

“At home, the doctor has told him to remain on bed rest for six weeks. So, we will not allow many people because he could get infected. So, he needs to rest,” she added.

Govinda, known for films such as “Love 86”, “Swarg”, “Dulhe Raja” and “Partner”, was injured in the leg on Tuesday after his revolver accidentally went off at his Mumbai residence when he was about to leave for the airport.

While the local police have been conducting an investigation, the Mumbai crime branch has also initiated a parallel enquiry into the incident.

No complaint has been lodged in the matter so far, police said.

Dr Ramesh Agarwal, who tended to the actor after the accident, said the bullet hit him below his left knee and that he had got 8-10 stitches.

Govinda, a favourite with audiences for his impeccable comic timing and dancing skills, later issued a statement informing his fans he is doing better.

“With the blessings of my fans, my parents and god, I am doing better now. I was hit by a bullet, which has now been removed,” the “Hero No 1” actor and a member of the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena said in the audio message. (PTI)

Hot this week

Meghalaya man missing in Bangkok

Shillong, Jan 10: A 57-year-old Meghalaya resident, Mr. Treactchell...

Pay hike of Assam ministers, MLAs likely as 3-member panel submits report

Full report likely by Oct 30 Guwahati Sept 25: There...

ANSAM rejects Kuki’s separate administration demand, says bifurcation not acceptable

Guwahati, Sept 8: Rejecting the separate administration demand of...

Meghalaya Biological Park Inaugurated After 25 Years: A New Chapter in Conservation and Education

Shillong, Nov 28: Though it took nearly 25 years...

Meghalaya’s historic fiber paves the way for eco-friendly products and sustainable livelihoods

By Roopak Goswami Shillong, Oct 25: From making earbuds to...

Tripura CM lays foundation stone for new hospital in Agartala

Agartala, Apr 4: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha on...

Formal transfer of land vacated by Assam Rifles to Mizoram govt in April end: CM

Aizawl, Apr 4: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma on Thursday...

12 left out communities in Sikkim will get ST status in due course: CM

Gangtok, Apr 4: Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang...

Suchiang takes oath as CIC

Shillong, Apr 3: Former Chief Secretary RV Suchiang was...

SSLC results on April 5

Shillong, Apr 4: The results of the Secondary School...

Doctor, two others get prison terms in POCSO cases

Shillong, Apr 4: A 58-year-old doctor and two others...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img