Nagaland govt puts on hold transfer, posting of 1,650 school teachers

Kohima, Feb 20: The Nagaland government has put on hold the process of transfer and posting of 1,650 government school teachers across the state.

Principal Director of School Education, Thavaseelan K, in a notification issued on Monday, said, “In the interest of public service, the orders dated February 6 and February 10 are hereby kept on hold till further orders pending review.”

Earlier this month, Nagaland’s Department of School Education had issued the transfer and posting of the teachers.

On February 6, the department issued a notification regarding the re-deployment of 278 mathematics and science graduate teachers while on February 10 it notified the transfer and posting of 840 primary teachers, 341 graduate teachers and 191 graduate Hindi teachers and undergraduate Hindi teachers as part of the rationalisation of teachers in government schools across the state.

All these teachers were asked to join their new place of posting within seven days from the date of the announcement.

The department had asserted that no requests for retention or reconsideration of postings will be entertained under any circumstance while failure to comply with the new posting will result in withholding of their salaries.

Following the rationalisation notification, various student bodies expressed serious concern and opposed the process saying it is irrational and unjustified while it would have far-reaching implications for the entire state.

The student bodies, while asserting that they support teachers’ rationalisation policy, alleged that, however, this time, the process had been done randomly without any groundwork, statistical reports and without consulting the district authorities.

They remarked that the hasty and arbitrary transfer of teachers has created uncertainty and chaos among students, parents and the teaching community, affecting not only the academic environment but also the future of students.

Advisor to School Education and SCERT, Kekhrielhoulie Yhome, while speaking to PTI on Saturday, had said that despite the difficulties and opposition, the rationalisation process would continue as planned, with the department revisiting cases where specific concerns or exceptional issues arise. (PTI)

Hot this week

Meghalaya man missing in Bangkok

Shillong, Jan 10: A 57-year-old Meghalaya resident, Mr. Treactchell...

Pay hike of Assam ministers, MLAs likely as 3-member panel submits report

Full report likely by Oct 30 Guwahati Sept 25: There...

ANSAM rejects Kuki’s separate administration demand, says bifurcation not acceptable

Guwahati, Sept 8: Rejecting the separate administration demand of...

Meghalaya Biological Park Inaugurated After 25 Years: A New Chapter in Conservation and Education

Shillong, Nov 28: Though it took nearly 25 years...

Meghalaya’s historic fiber paves the way for eco-friendly products and sustainable livelihoods

By Roopak Goswami Shillong, Oct 25: From making earbuds to...

Highest paid in team doesn’t mean I have to score every match, it’s about impact:Venkatesh Iyer

Kolkata, Apr 4: Kolkata Knight Riders vice-captain Venkatesh Iyer...

Veteran actor-filmmaker Manoj Kumar dies at 87

Mumbai, Apr 4: Veteran actor-filmmaker Manoj Kumar, who came...

Yoon Suk Yeol removed as South Korea’s president over short-lived martial law

Seoul, Apr 4: South Korea's Constitutional Court unanimously removed...

PM Modi proposes 21-point action plan to boost engagement among BIMSTEC nations

Bangkok, Apr 4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday...

Congress to challenge Waqf bill soon in Supreme Court

New Delhi, Apr 4: The Congress on Friday said...

India ranks 10th with $1.4 billion private investment in AI: UN report

United Nations, Apr 4: India and China are the...

Tripura CM lays foundation stone for new hospital in Agartala

Agartala, Apr 4: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha on...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img