Salman Khan threat message: Mumbai cops arrest vegetable seller from Jamshedpur

Mumbai, Oct 24: Mumbai Police investigating the Salman Khan threat message case have arrested a man from Jamshedpur, officials said on Wednesday.

The accused was identified as Shaikh Hussain Shaikh Mausin (24), a Jamshedpur-based vegetable seller.

A threat message demanding Rs 5 crore from the actor was received on the Mumbai Traffic Police’s WhatsApp helpline last week, prompting the police to register a case and launch an investigation.

Police tracked down the number to Jharkhand and teams were dispatched to nab the accused, an official said, adding that another team visited Guwahati.

Even as the police widened the dragnet to trace the sender of the message, the Mumbai traffic police received an “apology” from the same mobile phone number, officials had said on Tuesday.

Notably, Khan had earlier received death threats from the Lawrence Bishnoi gang. Suspected members of the gang had opened fire outside the actor’s Bandra home in April this year.

A few months back, the Navi Mumbai police uncovered a plot by the Bishnoi gang to kill Khan, leading to security enhancement for the actor. (PTI)

Hot this week

Pay hike of Assam ministers, MLAs likely as 3-member panel submits report

Full report likely by Oct 30 Guwahati Sept 25: There...

Meghalaya Biological Park Inaugurated After 25 Years: A New Chapter in Conservation and Education

Shillong, Nov 28: Though it took nearly 25 years...

ANSAM rejects Kuki’s separate administration demand, says bifurcation not acceptable

Guwahati, Sept 8: Rejecting the separate administration demand of...

Meghalaya’s historic fiber paves the way for eco-friendly products and sustainable livelihoods

By Roopak Goswami Shillong, Oct 25: From making earbuds to...

Meghalaya man missing in Bangkok

Shillong, Jan 10: A 57-year-old Meghalaya resident, Mr. Treactchell...

Institutional delivery rate in SWG Hills PHC doubles in 7 years

Shillong, Aug 23: A primary health centre in Meghalaya’s...

CM hails taxi bodies for calling off protest

Shillong, Aug 23: Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma has...

Govt denies permission for KSU’s Monday protest

Shillong, Aug 23: The East Khasi Hills district administration...

Don’t judge a city by an isolated incident: Admin

Security deployment to remain in Shillong till citizens feel...

No blockade in Assam, Meghalaya: Govt

Shillong, Aug 23: Ri-Bhoi district administration on Sunday asserted...

Meghalaya cabs agree to enter Assam till Sept 10  

Govt assures of joint meeting to resolve taxi bodies’...

2 killed as powerful storm hits Baltic countries

Warsaw, Aug 23: Two people died and around half...

Russian and Ukrainian attacks kill 10

Kyiv, Aug 22: Russian drone and missile strikes killed...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories