2 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in occupied West Bank: officials

Jerusalem, Jan 29: The Palestinian Health Ministry says two Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire in the occupied West Bank overnight and into Wednesday.

A 23-year-old man was shot dead in Tulkarem and a 25-year-old man was killed in a strike on Jenin, where Israel launched a large operation earlier this month.

The ministry does not distinguish between civilians and combatants in its reports. There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military.

The West Bank has seen a surge in violence since Hamas’ October 7, 2023, attack out of the Gaza Strip ignited the war there. The ministry says over 800 Palestinians have been killed. Most appear to have been militants killed in battle during Israeli arrest raids, but the dead also include people killed during violent protests, as well as civilian bystanders.

There has also been an uptick in settler violence against Palestinians and Palestinian attacks on Israelis since the start of the war.

Israel captured the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem in the 1967 Mideast war. The Palestinians want all three territories for their future state. (AP)

Hot this week

Pay hike of Assam ministers, MLAs likely as 3-member panel submits report

Full report likely by Oct 30 Guwahati Sept 25: There...

Meghalaya Biological Park Inaugurated After 25 Years: A New Chapter in Conservation and Education

Shillong, Nov 28: Though it took nearly 25 years...

ANSAM rejects Kuki’s separate administration demand, says bifurcation not acceptable

Guwahati, Sept 8: Rejecting the separate administration demand of...

Meghalaya man missing in Bangkok

Shillong, Jan 10: A 57-year-old Meghalaya resident, Mr. Treactchell...

Meghalaya’s historic fiber paves the way for eco-friendly products and sustainable livelihoods

By Roopak Goswami Shillong, Oct 25: From making earbuds to...

HC asks SMB to conduct survey of street vendors  

122 vendors found operating in Laitumkhrah without licenses   Shillong, Aug...

State lays focus on renewable energy  

‘Govt working towards ensuring 24-hour power supply in Meghalaya’   Shillong,...

New sub-station to end Ri-Bhoi power issues  

‘Collection of power bills improved compared to previous years’  Shillong,...

CM addresses GHADC financial crisis in Tura meet with Nokma body

Tura, Aug 29: Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma...

Govt plans pump store power projects

Shillong, Aug 29: The state government has planned to...

Meghalaya felicitates 136 athletes, 22 coaches on National Sports Day

Shillong/Tura (Meghalaya), Aug 29: The Meghalaya government on Friday...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories