‘CM Impact Guidebook among key factors of improvement’

Shillong, Apr 5: The results of SSLC examination declared by MBoSE have bettered substantially this year with number of top position holders, pass percentage among other parameters showing huge improvement compared to previous results.
As many as 85 bright students are among the top 20 ranks, a drastic increase from 37 toppers in the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) exam last year.
The top position has been shared by Leisha Agarwal of St Margaret’s Higher Secondary School, Shillong and Avila Kathrene P Lyngdoh of North Liberty Higher Secondary School, Jowai. Each scored 582 marks.
This year’s pass percentage stands at an impressive 87.10%, setting a new record surpassing last year’s 55.80%.
In the SSLC results declared on Saturday, the rank holders represent both urban and rural schools, with several sharing same positions.
The second position went to Evanshan Nongrum of Sacred Heart Boy’s HS School, Shillong and Pori Panday of Jawaharlal Nehru HS School, Phulbari.

A total of 63,682 students appeared while 55,473 cleared the hurdle of SSLC examination conducted by Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education (MBoSE) this year.
The successful candidates include 22,726 male and 32,747 female. Notably, 18,903 students passed in exactly five subjects while 36,570 students passed all six subjects.
The number of candidates this year reflects a significant increase from last year’s 54,134, largely due to the elimination of the Selection Test.
A similar surge was observed in 2021, following the cancellation of the Selection Test due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, 341 schools achieved a 100% pass rate this year, a substantial increase from last year’s 180 schools.
“The exceptional results this year can be attributed to the dedication of the students, the revised question pattern, and introduction of CM IMPACT Guidebook. This Guidebook has proven invaluable, especially for students without access to quality notes for preparation and revision,” said CP Marak, executive chairman, MBoSE, Tura.
He said the examination was conducted smoothly, thanks to the collaborative efforts of the Education department, district administration, Police department, heads of institutions, and the teachers who worked tirelessly throughout the process.

The results were declared earlier than in previous years, thanks to digital interventions by the Board and the new question pattern. For comparison, the 2024 examination was held from 4 – 15 March, with results declared on 24 May – over a month later.
Starting this year, Marak said, the Board has introduced the Supplementary Examination, to be conducted within the same academic year.
It will take place towards the end of April 2025. Students who have failed in any subject are automatically eligible, and further details will be shared next week.
“We extend our heartfelt appreciation to the schools for their role in nurturing students from diverse backgrounds. The dedication of teachers — true nation builders — has been instrumental in helping students excel. As we celebrate these remarkable achievements, let us continue to work together in the coming years to provide quality education and maintain high pass percentages, securing a brighter future for our students,” Marak stated.
