
Shillong, Apr 5: The Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBoSE), which declared the SSLC exam results on Saturday, will conduct the Supplementary Examination by the first week of May.
Education minister Rakkam A Sangma announced this while extending his congratulations to all students, who have cleared this year’s Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) examination.
Terming this year’s SSLC results as a “record breaker”, he said, “It is a historic moment for the state. The pass percentage this year is 87.10%. It has broken all the past records.”
He also congratulated all the 85 toppers in the first 20 positions and others, who have come out in flying colours.

Urging students, who could not clear the hurdle, not to lose hope, Sangma said, “They should take it as a challenge because the supplementary exams will be conducted either in the last week of April or first week of May. The date will be fixed by MBoSE.”
Further, the minister informed that the government will issue uniform time for taking admission by all institutions and an order in this regard will be issued on Monday next.
“We will accordingly issue the academic calendar by next week,” he said.
Asked, Sangma attributed the historic achievement in the SSLC results to the various interventions taken by the state government, which include the introduction of NCERT textbooks and change in the question pattern making it on par with the CBSE.
He also thanked the chief minister for guiding the department and said, “The CM Impact is a small programme and it is like guiding (students) how to write the examination, how to prepare chapter wise and to identify what kind of question will come (besides) training the teachers.”
