Assam flood situation improves, number of affected people drops to 6,678

Guwahati, Jul 3: The overall flood situation in Assam improved considerably on Friday, with the total population affected by the deluge dropping to 6,678, officials said.

The only affected district in the state was Dhemaji where 2,495 males, 2,399 females, and 1,784 children were still reeling under flood waters, according to a bulletin issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA).

On Thursday, 25,100 people remained affected in two districts – Dhemaji and Dibrugarh, it said.

A total of 129 people are currently lodged in three relief camps in Dhemaji, the bulletin stated, adding that 4,765 animals have also been impacted in the current wave of floods.

There were no reports of any fresh fatality or missing persons, it said. Two persons have so far died in this year’s floods.

No infrastructural damage was reported in the affected district, though a road was partially damaged in Dhemaji, the ASDMA said. (PTI)

Hot this week

Pay hike of Assam ministers, MLAs likely as 3-member panel submits report

Full report likely by Oct 30 Guwahati Sept 25: There...

Meghalaya Biological Park Inaugurated After 25 Years: A New Chapter in Conservation and Education

Shillong, Nov 28: Though it took nearly 25 years...

ANSAM rejects Kuki’s separate administration demand, says bifurcation not acceptable

Guwahati, Sept 8: Rejecting the separate administration demand of...

Meghalaya’s historic fiber paves the way for eco-friendly products and sustainable livelihoods

By Roopak Goswami Shillong, Oct 25: From making earbuds to...

Meghalaya man missing in Bangkok

Shillong, Jan 10: A 57-year-old Meghalaya resident, Mr. Treactchell...

NorthEast United reach 4th successive Durand Cup semis after 5-2 comeback win vs Shillong Lajong

Shillong, Aug 17: Alaaeddine Ajaraie orchestrated a breathtaking second-half...

President Murmu gives assent to bill to renaming Kerala as Keralam

New Delhi, Aug 17: President Droupadi Murmu has given...

CM expresses condolence to bereaved families; Govt announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia

Shillong, Aug 17: Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma on...

Over 300 job seekers attend Tura recruitment drive

Shillong, Aug 17: More than 300 job seekers turned...

86 Laitumkhrah hawkers relocated at Dhankheti

Shillong, Aug 17: The Shillong Municipal Board on Monday...

Only 39% Meghalaya bodies ‘active’ in FCRA dashboard

Shillong, Aug 17: Only 81 of 207 associations listed...

CM lays base for Rs 140 Cr ‘growth corridor’ in SWKH

Mawkyrwat, Aug 17: Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories